Friday, July 15
How To Get Smashwords Files From Your Computer To Your iPad
When I bought my iPad the first thing I wanted to do was transfer Kindle books from my computer to my iPad. It's easy to do this with kindle books on your Amazon account, but not so easy to do it with books downloaded from Smashwords. Well, if you have a PC, here's what you do (hopefully it isn't very different for a mac):
1) Attach your iPad to your computer with the cable provided and launch iTunes on your computer.
2) In iTunes there is a blue ribbon on the right side of the screen with headings like LIBRARY, STORE, DEVICES, etc. Under DEVICES you should see your iPad. Mine shows up as "karen's iPad". Highlight this.
When you highlight the name of your iPad the main window will change and, at the top of the screen you will see the headings: Summary, Info, Apps, Music, TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, Photos.
3) Highlight "Apps"
4) The screen will change to show the apps you have on your iPad. The apps that allow file sharing will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Highlight the Kindle app.
5) At the bottom of the screen, on the right-hand side, you will see an "Add ..." button. Press it.
6) There should be a folder named "My Kindle Content" in your Documents folder. Navigate to it.
Open up this folder, select the mobi and mbp files of your choice and lick "Open".
That's it! The book or books of your choice will now be downloaded onto your iPad.
If I've missed something, let me know.