Elizabeth S. Craig writes:
Today is the launch for the first book in a new series—Quilt or Innocence in the Southern Quilting mysteries.Read the rest of Elizabeth's post here: How to Launch a Book Without Losing Your Mind.
How often will I track its sales numbers? Rarely.
7 Tips for Releasing a Book Without Losing Your Mind:
1. Get off the grid. That’s right. Take yourself offline. It can be done! The longer I stay offline when I’ve got a release, the more relaxed I feel.
2. Don’t watch your numbers. Sales numbers will fluctuate…and most of the time we don’t know what’s behind them. It’s sort of like the flapping butterfly wings creating the hurricane.
3. Don’t read your reviews unless you can be objective. You don’t even have to be objective…being analytical about the reviews is good enough.
4. Write your next book. Always a good idea to get a jump on a sequel or another standalone.
5. Write guest posts. Not only will a well-crafted guest post keep you distracted, it will also help circulate that book cover and headshot of yours.
I love getting tips from a pro! I can't wait to read Quilt or Innocence, I love Elizabeth's books.