That's right Prada is holding a short story contest, and the prize for the lucky winner is 5,000 Euros (about $6,500 US dollars). Here are the details:
Stories must be "a minimum of 10 (ten) pages and a maximum of 20 (twenty) pages on A4 sized sheets, each page to contain approximately 400 words, written in Bodoni–DTC dim. 11 style."
The Short Story may be proposed in any language chosen by the Contender without any restriction.
PRADA and Feltrinelli will judge each Short Story according to the following factors: creativity, innovation, thoroughness, depth of inquiry, adherence to the theme of the Contest and quality of the Short Story.Also, the judges will be looking for stories focusing on the "inquire of the reality and its perception, especially: Views of the world. Images, marks, idea." A more extensive writeup is here: Prada Journal.
Especially, the submitted Short Stories must not:
- be sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial,
gender, religious, professional or age group or the disabled, be profane or pornographic;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers,
personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- infringe any rights, including copyright, of any third party;
- contain materials embodying the names, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
The Contest’s Winner (or Winners) will receive the amount of Euro 5.000 (five thousand) (each).
How to enter:
Here is the link to the submission form: Prada Journal. If you click that link you'll be shown an email address: pradajournal (at) prada (dot) com. Good luck!
Thanks to Litreactor and Of Course It’s A Prada Short Story Contest, Dahling.
Other stories you might like:- Getting Story Ideas
- What Slush Pile Readers Look For In A Story
- How To Create A Press Kit
Photo credit: "Prada，hahaha" by Only Sequel under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0.