Saturday, June 2
What To Do When Life Hates You
This morning I found a link to "12 Most Unexpected Life Lessons from Marilyn Monroe," in my mailbox. I was a huge fan of Marilyn's as a kid but had never thought of her as having anything valuable to say about getting through the hard times.
I was wrong.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
Yea! I had never thought of it that way, but it's very true. As Niles used to say on Fraser: You have to pay the tole.
- Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
- It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth.
- We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
Read the rest here: 12 Most Unexpected Life Lessons from Marilyn Monroe.